Mega Millions is at its highest point in history so far. If you are curious about what your Astrological chart says about your chances of winning a large prize, take a look at what Lois Rodden concluded from gathering information from the charts of lottery winners. An excerpt from her book is below and I use the rules she devised to analyze my chances. I have looked at this before, so I know I don’t have a big winners chart (that didn’t stop me from buying a few tickets). You can get a free chart at Astrodienst, if you don’t already have one.
The Big Win is the amount of money, in comparison to what is customary for us that is sufficient to make a sweeping change in our life style. For the sake of number crunching in this study, we may call a half-million dollars the minimum consideration. The following patterns are those which are observed to be most obvious and consistent:
1. The Moon in a trine or grand trine (which in half of the examples involved Venus or Jupiter). In those few cases where the Moon does not have a trine in the natal chart, it is necessary by progression at the time of the Big Win.
2. Natal Jupiter in at least one trine.
3. Natal Jupiter in aspect to Neptune. This does not have to be one of “the big four”; it is often one of the lesser aspects, such as a semisextile or semisquare.
4. Natal Mars in aspect to Jupiter or Neptune.
5. Natal or progressed Venus or Jupiter in aspect to Uranus (one degree for progressed aspects)
6. Natal or progressed Venus or Jupiter retrograde.
7. Natal Pluto conjunct or opposite the ruler of the 2nd house within 4-5 degrees; or in some other aspect to the ruler of the 2nd house within one or two degrees, or in progressed aspect within one degree.
8. A close natal sesquisquare between two planets within one degree to show the potential for a sudden change of direction in the life, or a progressed sesquisquare between two planets, one degree. (This sesquisquare most frequently involves the MC, Moon, Venus, Jupiter, or Pluto)
9. Natal or progressed interpositions or close aspects between the 12th house to the 2nd and/or 8th houses.
10. Transit Uranus in an aspect up to two or three degrees to the natal or progressed MC or the natal or progressed ASC. (The reason that we find a valid Uranus transit within several degrees is because Uranus will go back and forth over an aspect three times during its change of station: the aspect is valid from the first one-degree application until the last one degree separation)
To be a big-time winner, we do not have to have all ten of the indicators but we do need at least six or seven. The greater quantity of lucky indicators and the more obvious they are in the chart, the greater the chances are of winning a fortune.
Money. How to Find it with Astrology by Lois M. Rodden
My Chart Analysis
1. The progressed Moon makes a trine to my natal Ascendant(AC), but that is not Venus or Jupiter.
2. Natal Jupiter makes a trine to my Midheaven(MC).
3. Natal Jupiter does not aspect Neptune.
4. Natal Mars opposes Jupiter.
5. Natal Venus and Jupiter are in aspect to Uranus.
6. Both planets are direct.
7. Natal Pluto is the ruler of my 2nd house.
8. Progressed Moon and natal Mercury sesquisquare at 0°31′.
9. The ruler of my 12th house makes a trine to the ruler of the 2nd house.
10. Transiting Uranus is at be 0° Taurus and does not aspect my natal or progressed AC or MC.
Well, okay! The progressed aspects I have now give me a total of 7 indicators! I didn’t expect that. Transiting Uranus isn’t aspecting an angle, so I probably won’t win something that will change where I live, but maybe I will enter some contests and see how that works out.